Example of topics that could be covered:
- Promote use and enjoyment of books and encourage reading.
- Promote the child's individual learning skills
- Promote improved use of leisure time
Introduction of the library service:
- Explain about their responsibility for looking after items and caring for the books.
- Explain how they join the library
Books and their use:
- Explain different types of books for different ages - board books, touchy~feely books, picture books and fiction stories.
- Explain the difference between fact and fiction, and the various uses of fact.
- Explain the various forms of factual information - books, CD's, Internet, videos etc.
- Enjoying books:
- Read a selection of stories and rhymes appropriate to the projects of the class at the time (as predetermined by the teacher)
- Independent reading:
- Time for the children to look at the books highlighted and explore other titles, aided by the librarian and teacher to facilitate their enjoyment.
To arrange a visit please contact the Children's Librarian giving details of:
1st & 2nd choice of dates/times,
Any special needs requirements and topics you would like covered.
Telephone 01472 323621 or E-mail email@example.com
If your school is unable to arrange a visit to a local library, it may be possible for a librarian to visit your school.